Winter warmer tomato soup recipe
Makes 2 servings
8 Roma tomatoes
½ cup of sun-dried tomatoes
½ a red pepper
1 clove of garlic
½ thumb-size ginger
½ lemon juice
1 tbsp of almond sour cream
Fresh basil leaves
1. Add boiling water to tomatoes to remove skins.
2. Process all vegetables (except lemon juice) until smooth.
3. Add all ingredients to a pot and bring to boil for 2 minutes.
4. Simmer for 15 minutes with lid on, stirring occasionally.
5. Before serving, stir in lemon juice and chopped basil leaves.
6. Pour into soup dish and add almond sour cream.
Bonus tip: Add ginger or fresh chili for an extra kick. A pinch of turmeric adds flavour and health-benefits.
Recipe provided by Alani Keiser