Chocolate Whey Protein Oaty Bars
The combination of protein and carbs makes this the ideal post-workout on-the-go snack!
- 250g coconut oil
- 50g honey or D-Lite suitable for slimmers or diabetics
- 180g desiccated coconut
- 400g rolled oats
- 120g Chocolate Whey Protein (any flavour will work)
- Xylitol or Stevia liquid (optional)
- 1tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 100g dried fruit mix and/or cashew nuts (optional)
- 1 ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda dissolved in 60ml milk or soya milk
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Spray a rectangular 23x33cm pan with original Spray-n-Cook.
- Place coconut oil and honey in a pot and melt together on low heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add coconut, oats, Whey Protein, Xylitol, cinnamon, salt and dried fruit.
- Add the bicarb/milk mixture last.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly on low heat for 1 minute.
- Press into baking pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cut into squares once cooled.
Makes ± 30 bars.