The Internet is a veritable treasure chest of motivational videos, with a constant flow of gym-related motivation doing the rounds on social media.
There is, however, one gem of a video that fitness (His Edition) readers may have missed, because it’s about trail running.
It’s produced, filmed, edited and, most importantly, scripted (written and narrated by Dean Leslie) by a team of talented South African Indie filmmakers and creatives from Cape Town known as The African Attachment (TAA).
They’ve produce many amazing videos for Salomon and Red Bull, among other brands, but this one has to be one of their best. Check it out below if you’re interested.
If not, here is a quick blast of #MidweekMotivation from their short film Trail Dog (Salomon Running TV Season 05 Episode 02), which recounts some the simple life lessons that we often forget in the rush of life. In the words of the guys at TAA: “Trail Dog is an ode to the beauty and happiness that can be found in the simplest of things.”
Happiness is so much simpler than you might think. Real happiness is uncomplicated by the rush of life, how much money you have or don’t have, what you have or haven’t accomplished, and is beyond you feel good or guilty about. It’s about our relationships with the earth, nature and each other.
- Always go for a run, even if it’s raining.
- Enjoy the journey, never forget to play and feel the joy of life. Jump for joy when you’re happy. Surround yourself with the people you love.
- Live in the moment.
- Have boundless energy.
- Listen more than you talk, but when you do talk, speak from the heart.
- It’s never too late to learn.
- Look for the best in everyone, and be loyal. Love unconditionally.
- Shine with all of your light, all of the time.